Sobremesa holds a special place among my favorite wedding venues in Mexico City. Located in a beautifully restored old house in Colonia Roma, it’s the perfect intimate wedding venue for any couple that appreciates vintage charm, a central location, and the unique beauty of historic Mexico City. I truly get excited when I get to work with a couple that is planning to celebrate here. Discover some inspiration for your intimate wedding celebration at this wonderful venue in Mexico City.
Some features that I absolutely adore:
- Furniture – The aged and mismatched pieces throughout the venue give so much character
- Huge plants! They add so much depth and life to your photos
- Versatility – There are so many different ways to set up the spaces for your unique celebration
- Wabi Sabi Perfection – The space gracefully embraces patina and imperfection
- Location – Right in the heart of the beautiful Roma Norte neighborhood
Getting Ready Locations near Sobremesa, Mexico City
Planning a destination wedding can be complicated! Let me suggest a few spots that are both beautiful and convenient for the pre-wedding prep! These are some of my favorite getting ready spots, all within a short distance from Sobremesa:
- Brick Hotel – The suites are gorgeous, large, and well-appointed.
- Nima Local House – A stunning old home with an atrium filled with plants.
- Ignacia Guesthouse – Contemporary colors and furniture with a huge, gorgeous jacaranda tree right outside that surrounds the balcony
- La Valise – Another cool old house with contemporary furnishings, just a few blocks from Sobremesa. Some rooms have a bed that slides out onto the balcony! (Yes, you read that right!)
Venue Guest Capacity, let’s be honest…
With a capacity for 40-80 guests, it is a popular choice for those planning intimate weddings or elopements. However, I’d recommend keeping your guest count limited. From my experience, a smaller guest list keeps the space comfortable and uncramped. Here, less truly is more!
To accommodate the long, beautiful dining table as you see below, you’ll need a guest list of 40 or less!
Create a Unique Experience for your Sobremesa Mexico City Wedding
Planning a destination wedding can feel very overwhelming. When you book your wedding or elopement with Sobremesa, you not only get a beautiful setting but also the support of their team. They’ll work with local vendors in Mexico City to make sure your special day is everything you’ve dreamed of. Because Mexico is my home and I have had the honor of documenting many weddings within the Roma Norte neighborhood, I am also here to help create a seamless day for you!
A Few Helpful Tips for a Seamless Experience at Sobremesa:
- Avoid using too much uplighting – allow the space to be the vintage masterpiece that it is
- Instead, hanging cafe lights over the courtyard space and lots of candles everywhere is always a good idea
- The spaces are small! Have your DJ set up during your cocktail hour or dinner to avoid photos with the unsightly equipment in your ceremony
- Welcome the Mariachi to join the cocktail hour right after the ceremony, it’s always such an exciting moment!
- The entry from the street into the space is so pretty – be sure to have your florist decorate the stairs as well
- USE A PLANNER or hire a day-of-wedding coordinator, you’ll thank me later
- Bring in party lighting for the dancing!
The Ideal Wedding Day in Mexico City’s Roma Norte Neighborhood
The possibilities are truly limitless when planning a wedding here. We’ll build a timeline that allows for a little extra time for portraits in the Roma Norte neighborhood – there are so many gorgeous locations to use.
Sobremesa welcomes you with the vibrant colors and beautiful history of Mexico, offering a unique setting for weddings. The venue’s character shines through patinaed walls and a sense of wabi-sabi, adding a distinctive layer of beauty to your celebration.
Mexico Wedding and Elopement Photographer | Eager Hearts Photography
I create images that embody refinement, ease, and genuine emotion. I live and work in Mexico, and will go anywhere your love story takes you. Let’s make images that you’ll love for a lifetime here!